Friday, May 20, 2016

in-progress: Travels North




This is a painting I started when I was planning a trip to Iceland. My head was full of images of icebergs and stark mossy landscapes. I love planning trips and discovering the beauty in all the corners of the world. Plus there is nothing better to get you through a tough week than knowing you have an amazing vacation on the horizon.





There is also that dreamy idea you form of a place when you start learning about it. All the images you have seen and the things you have learned and all your excitement and anticipation mesh it into a sort of surreal magical idea of a place. I wanted to capture that for this painting.





More work to be done, but it is a good start. I need more icebergs and some other surprises maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment