Sunday, January 8, 2012

in progress: in the garden























This is a painting I started just before the holidays. I have some more work to do but it's shaping up nicely. I like how the blonde is turning out and how the dark and lush greenery behind the women adds some mystery. My husband says it's creepy and that's why he likes it. I am happy with that. I like paintings with a little unease or mystery about them. That, or something playful or unexpected.

I taped up the edges because I wanted to do a white or color border around the edges, reminiscent of the edges of an old photograph. I think it will frame the painting nicely. This was painted with oil on cradled wood panel and the color of the border on the front will extend to the sides as well. I have some work to do on the redhead...her face is looking a little lumpy, but it should be done soon.























I'll be sure to post pics as soon as something is actually finished. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment